This is cruelty, we can end this!
Animals have a right to live free from pain and suffering. An estimated 50 million dairy animals suffer every day in India and a significant number of these suffer the worst cruelty as they live in unacceptable conditions in these urban and peri-urban dairies. They are forced to live in unacceptable conditions; with untreated wounds, surrounded by faeces and urine, tied-up 24/7 with no room to move or roam.
We can change this. Together we can ensure that these cows and buffaloes get the five basic freedoms:
- Freedom from hunger or thirst by ready access to fresh water and a diet to maintain full health and vigour
- Freedom from discomfort by providing an appropriate environment including shelter and a comfortable resting area
- Freedom from pain, injury or disease by prevention or rapid diagnosis and treatment
- Freedom to express (most) normal behaviour by providing sufficient space, proper facilities and company of the animal's own kind
- Freedom from fear and distress by ensuring conditions and treatment which avoid mental suffering
Sign the petition today to help end this cruelty!